Sunday, September 13, 2009

I didn’t get a chance to attend the opening on Thursday, but I did get to go to the round table discussion that was held Friday. I have never been to anything like this before and I found it to be very interesting and intriguing. I found it most interesting that in some way all the artists were connected either through mentors, schooling, or because of their unique artwork.
I’ve never thought of photography as most of these photographers perceive it as. It’s always just been a way for me to capture my memories. For these artists it’s more of artwork, some even use many photographs to make one. To see this different side of photography makes me think about the many options you could do with just one photograph. Through my years of school and art classes I've always thought too much about the art I was doing. After listening to the discussion I realized that the art we do is our way of showing our style so anything can be art.
Ken Josephen's style is my favorite. The way he uses many different scenes and photographs for one is incredible. I'm sure everyone that looks at his work perceives it differently. All of the artists stories were interesting to hear and I wish I could've stayed for the whole discussion to hear more. I'm looking forward to learning more about art in a different way than I've thought of it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment