Saturday, September 12, 2009

Residual Reality Experience

I found the Residual Reality exhibit very interesting. I usually tend to like more conventional photography that is more of a documentation of events or people but I liked the different approach and way of thinking these works had. This was my first exhibit that I have seen on campus and found the whole experience very enjoyable. I liked the way the exhibit was set up and how everything just seemed to flow together. I usually have a hard time interpreting art so I really enjoyed being able to hear what the artists had to say both at the exhibit and at the Artist roundtable. It was interesting to hear their meaning behind the work. I enjoyed how the exhibit was cohesive not only because it was the same form of photography but also how all the people were intertwined and connected through teachers, students and mentors. I feel that element adds more meaning to it.

The photographer I found most interesting was Ken Josephson. I really enjoyed his series of post-cards. I like how he took a traditional post card and made it unique. I really enjoyed how he made one cohesive picture by using technology but also brining some past into it by including both color and black and white in the same piece. I also tend to enjoy photography that show places so I really enjoyed his new spin on showing a place rather than just taking a picture of a building or place he made it more interesting by digitally adding other effects. The other artist I found interesting was Joseph Mougel I found his different approach to art interesting by using multi-media to display his message in addition to the photographs that were in the exhibit. I feel like they added another personal element to the exhibit.

No comments:

Post a Comment