Thursday, September 3, 2009

Welcome! Please post written and visual information to the Residual Reality site.

Coming soon!  The University of Wisconsin Eau Claire's department of Art and Design invites you to the opening reception of the Residual Reality exhibition!
Soon, you’ll meet 10 Artists in person on Thursday 9/10/09 at the 7:30 opening in the UWEC Foster Gallery and on Friday 9/11/09 for a round table discussion.  You will have the opportunity to speak with Artists yourself to uncover unique information about how they work and what they're thinking about.  Use direct quotes from Artists at the Opening and Round table events, add pictures or video if you like: look for interesting images or make your own images of the Artists or of their artwork while they are here. 

Each person who adds information here is part of a cumulative effort.   A multitude of information from many authors will serve as a historic web document describing the identity of this exhibition and it's Artists.  Everyone can add their observations here.  Each entry should contain unique information.
If you are quoting another source please cite where you found your information.  
Many thanks,
Jyl Kelley

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed my experience at the Residual Reality art gallery. I got to meet a few of the artists and they were all really nice. I thought Joyce Neimanas was a very nice lady and I really liked her work, especially her piece called "The Back of Famous Artist Photo" because it made me really curious as to what was on the other side. You could definitely tell that a lot of time and thought went into the setup of the this gallery. I really had a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also like to add that my favorite part of my visit was seeing the work of Joseph Mougel with "In Character". At first I just was amazed by all of the different sizes of screens and different people on the screens. It was pretty loud in the room so it took me a few minutes to see the speakers and realize that the different people were actually talking / making noises. It made me feel as if I was in the future or something! I really enjoyed my experience and was glad to meet a bunch of really cool and interesting people...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had an interesting time at the Residual Reality exhibit. I found it interesting that photography was not only represented by single photos of objects, but different areas of photography were represented. I found that to be very eye-opening because I discovered what photography can become and I learned it is much more than taking a beautiful picture. I had the chance to speak with Daniel Kaufman who said that the exhibit he hoped would open the people's eyes so that they'd be able to see the potential of photography and the flexibility of images. For me that was the purpose of the exhibit.
    The photos were of various sorts and the ones I found most interesting were the post card images that Ken Josephson created. I enjoy the way the old and new photos fit together as if two different eras in time were joined to form one moment for people to see. The exhibit was very worthwhile and I enjoyed seeing the many forms of photography.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exhibit is very powerful. While walkig home was thinking of Min Kim Park's photographies and video...impressive. Thank you Jyl for your enthusiasm and involving us (students)in all the process.

    ReplyDelete