Sunday, September 13, 2009

Residual Reality

This was one of the most unique set ups I have seen for an art gallery so far. I enjoyed how it was sectioned off at different parts to put emphasis on each piece of art work. This art show really inspired me because there were so many different unique pieces to look at. It really got my mind working trying to think of different cool ideas for photography because I enjoy it so much! I thought that every artist had a distinct message shown through their artwork and it was very interesting to see all of the different pieces. I did not find any of the art boring or bland because everything brought its own flavor to the art show and it was all so beautiful in its own way!
One of my favorite collections was Min Kim Park's photographs. In each of the photos the models were in intricate poses and their faces were so fierce. I actually got a chance to talk to Min Kim Park and she said that each of the poses she had the girls do were very painful, so she was very thankful that they were so cooperative. I asked her how the models kept a straight face because if I was doing something like that I would have been laughing because the poses were so different. She said that she snapped the camera at "just the right time" to get their fierce looks on their faces because the models were laughing and fooling around.
I also got a chance to talk to Ken Josephson about his work. I thought that it was so cool how he integrated different photos into one. All of his photographs were taken in Chicago and i thought that there was a good contrast between the black and white parts of the photos with the color parts. He said that he got his inspiration from just taking pictures of the same picture that was on a postcard and then working from that. In some of the photos there were things missing that were in one of the color photos but not in the black and white, so it was cool to see what had changed from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment