Sunday, September 13, 2009

Residual Reality Show

My favorite pieces in the show were Patrick Nagatani's works with the masking tape. I can't even imagine the number of hours he must have spent working on these pieces but they turned out beautifully. I especially enjoyed them because of their originality. I also was very impressed with the variety of the pieces Robert Heinecken had in the show. He had a wide range of art that each had a unique feel to them. Another artist whose work intrigued me was Daniel Kaufmann. The bathrooms seemed to be just a photograph until I took a closer look and saw how things were actually placed in like a collage.

I didn't get much of a chance to speak to the artists at the show but I liked hearing about their backgrounds and hearing their stories at the roundtable. I found it interesting to see how a lot of the artists were connected to each other from school or mentoring one another.

Overall, I really enjoyed this show! I thought it was very well put together and every artist and piece added a unique aspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment